Ever since I can remember, I was accustomed to “study hard in order to get good grades and work in a good company.” Everything went well until I read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad.
The book disturbed my seemingly placid life, financial-wise. What Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad Poor Dad) said in the book were counter-intuitive! It was totally different from what many of us learned.
Stop working for money
Kiyosaki doesn’t believe in job security. In his book, he was saying that you work to learn. Learning meant everything to him. Instead of working for money, you make money work for you.
Instead of “study hard in order to get good grades and work in a good company”, Kiyosaki said, “study hard so you could put up your own company.”
Work less, earn more
As an employee, I knew that in order to earn more, I need to work more. In order to increase my salary, I need to work hard to get a promotion and get a raise.
Kiyosaki taught otherwise. He said, you could work less and earn more. In fact, you could stop working and still continue earning. He introduced the concept of passive income. It is the income that you earn even while you’re on vacation or while you’re sleeping.
Later on, he also explained concepts like assets and liabilities, good debts and bad debts. If you think that a car is an asset, you’ll be surprised at how Kiyosaki views it.
If I were to summarize his 266-page book into two words, it’s financial freedom. This is the stage wherein we could choose to stop working if we want to but we still maintain the kind of lifestyle we want. I would like to be financially free! Imagine, if money is no longer an issue, then you could go on vacations with your family and friends, play your favorite sports, or pursue your real passion.
Though Kiyosaki’s teachings are counter-intuitive, I bought his ideas because they made sense. And so I immersed myself in books and seminars on financial literacy.
One seminar I’m really excited about is the upcoming Rich Dad Asia seminar here in Manila! Now we don’t have to go abroad just to attend a Rich Dad seminar. I know of someone who actually went to Singapore and pay Php200k just to attend a Rich Dad seminar.
Learning Curve, a leading producer of conferences and seminars (who also produced the famous Money Summit), will bring Rich Dad Asia live in Manila on October 21, 2011.
Learn what the Rich know that the Poor and Middle Class do not!
The most-awaited life-changing workshop seminar entitled Rich Dad Asia™ Live in Manila 2011 will be held
When: October 21, 2011 from 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m
Where: Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila.
How will you benefit
- Learn how the Rich earn and invest their money
- You will be taught by Rich Dad Asia™ Bellum Tan, a multi-millionaire business partner of Robert Kiyosaki, who lives and breathes the concepts and principles of Rich Dad. You will get real-world examples that work.
- You will participate in a one-of-a-kind CASHFLOW 101™ game simultaneously with some 300 participants to help illustrate the investment strategies of Rich Dad, so you can apply what you learn in a controlled environment.
- You will be able to make the necessary changes in your perspective, mindset, and direction, so you can finally escape the Rat Race and get on the Fast Track to financial freedom.
Regular rate is Php7,995 but if you register on or before Oct 15, Learning Curve is giving a Php3,000 discount!
Or get two VIP tickets (with lunch and workbook) for the price of one if you register on or before Oct 15, 2011. To register and to get more details, visit Rich Dad Asia 2011
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/seminarphilippines
Follow me on Twitter
Text and photos by Sha Nacino
Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved.
Full Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Rich Dad Asia Live in Manila 2011. I highly recommend it because I believe in Learning Curve and in what Rich Dad Asia 2011 teaches.
Latest posts by Sha Nacino, Inspirational Speaker and Prolific Author (see all)
- Lessons from 2016 Summer Olympics Silver Medalist Hidilyn Diaz - April 20, 2017
- How to Increase Your Productivity - April 19, 2017
- How to Lose 8 Pounds in 3 Weeks! - March 28, 2017
- Tired of Always Borrowing Money? 31,481 views | 2 comments | posted on February 12, 2013
- Why Failing is Good 24,444 views | 5 comments | posted on October 30, 2011
- What the 3 Idiots Taught Me 21,429 views | 34 comments | posted on October 4, 2011
- Do You Want to Become an Author? 18,632 views | 2 comments | posted on March 24, 2012
- Learn. Laugh. Love. 16,212 views | 0 comments | posted on October 24, 2011