I was in Dubai a few weeks ago and I met this young IT professional while riding a van from Abu Dhabi to Dubai. She was worried because her company closed down and now she has to look for another job before her visa expires.
Just a few weeks prior to that, I was in Singapore to attend a conference. One Sunday, I decided to hang out in a park. There were so many Filipinos who were having a picnic. It was their day off.
Then I noticed a Filipina in her 50’s who was sitting by herself. While everyone else was with a group of friends, she was there, silently reading a newspaper while munching acorn.
I went up to her and I struck up a conversation. I learned that she’s been working as a domestic helper for 20 years so she can help her family in the province. Even if she’s nearing her 60’s, she cannot afford to stop working yet because she hasn’t saved enough money yet. She sent everything to her family.
I met another OFW who is working in the financial industry. She was earning well but she is heartbroken because her boyfriend of 8 years who is based in the Philippines, left her for another woman.
Ouch. It breaks my heart every time I hear these kinds of stories. As OFWs, I understand that aside from the usual life challenges that everyone goes through, our OFWs deal with a lot more. Homesickness. Long Distance Relationships. Financial problems. Uncertainties. Family problems back home, etc.
Are you an OFW?
Or do you have family members or friends who are OFWs?
We have a Christmas gift for you.
I’ve interviewed 38 resource speakers, including our favorite dear mentor Bro. Bo Sanchez, who will empower and inspire you to overcome homesickness, financial difficulties, family problems, and many more.
We came up with an ONLINE Summit called The Overseas Filipinos Summit™. Since it’s online, you can join anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. And the best part? You can get your FREE Pass and be able to access the video interviews for 24 hours as they are published. Day 1 videos will be released on December 19, 2018.
The ONLINE SUMMIT will run from December 19-23, 2018. Yes, no need to pay anything if you get your FREE Pass.
You can get your FREE Pass Here.
Here are some of the topics that were tackled:
- How to Find Work-Life Balance
- How to Take Care Of Yourself
- From OFW to Online Filipino Worker
- How to Keep Relationships Alive Despite the Distance
- How to FireProof Your Marriage and Family as OFWs
- How OFWs can Break Bad Money Habits
- How to Have a Successful Transition
- How to Put Up Your Business in the Philippines
Get Your FREE Pass here.
Favor. Can you also share this to your OFW friends and families?
I wish you success and happiness!
Founder, Overseas Filipinos Summit™
P.S. The FREE Pass is available for a limited time only. Get Your FREE Pass Here.
Get this FREE eBook!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
- What the 3 Idiots Taught Me 32,156 views | 40 comments | posted on October 4, 2011
- Tired of Always Borrowing Money? 31,670 views | 2 comments | posted on February 12, 2013
- Why Failing is Good 24,670 views | 5 comments | posted on October 30, 2011
- Do You Want to Become an Author? 19,814 views | 2 comments | posted on March 24, 2012
- Free eBook 17,790 views | 107 comments | posted on August 18, 2012