I wrote a book. In 3 days, it became a bestseller!
10,000 copies sold in 3 days! 40,000 copies sold in one month!
But the book was not mine. A big company asked me to write the book.
Just a bit of a background. About 3 years ago, I attended a huge convention hosted by the “big company.” There were over 5,000 people in that convention hall. I arrived late and the first person I saw and who saw me come in was Bro. Bo Sanchez.
Bro. Bo smiled at me. I walked up to him to say “Hi.” Then he introduced me to the President of that company. Later that night, I attended their gala event and I was so inspired by the rags to riches stories of the people who shared on stage. I told myself, “Their stories ought to be heard by thousands and even millions of people!“
Some of them used to be janitors, some of them used to be waiters, some of them didn’t finish school, some of them were once buried in debts, and now they are happy multi-millionaires. Solution? Financial education.
I told the President, “Sir, I believe their stories ought to be written. I can help you write your book.”
The book didn’t materialise then.
Fast forward to today, the book is written. A different book but the message is the same. In 3 days, they sold 10,000 copies. In one month, they sold 40,000 copies!
As their Consultant/Writer, I wrote the book and I formed a team to do the editing, proofreading, layout, name studies, printing, and so on. But what made me so happy personally was that all the ideas in the book were theirs! I just curated the book for them and asked them the right questions so I could draw the right information for the book. Today, the book is in the hands of probably 100,000 people all over the Philippines and all over the world!
I am sharing this with you because of two things:
1. Our dream has a gestation period. It was 3 years ago when I pitched the idea of writing a book for the company. That idea didn’t materialize then but something better materialized. My effort 3 years ago was not wasted. The President said that when the idea of writing a book came to their minds, the first person they thought of was me.
So don’t give up on your dreams. God will unfold a better one in His perfect time.
2. A book could do so many wonders — give value to people and act as your marketing/salesperson. That book has helped the company grow their sales.
If you have dreams of writing a book, don’t bury it. Keep it alive. This is one of my missions: to help you write your book and share your story to the world.
Here’s an interview with ABS-CBN’s ANC on the M.oney where I talked about how you can write a book even if you’re not a writer.
You can watch the interview here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QKRnIR-nco
I wish you success and happiness!
Founder, The 90-Day Book Writing Challenge
P.S. If you’ve been wanting to write a book but you don’t know where to start, this 5-minute interview will inspire you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
P.P.S. I can help you write your own book and share your story to the world. But before that, I would like to share with you a letter that made me say, “Wow! Kinilig naman ako dito!” (This made me giddy with excitement)
Hint: It’s not a love letter. Will share the complete story on Friday! 🙂
And oh, have you registered yet to the Global Authors Summit? Tickets are selling out fast! Reserve your seats now and avail of the Early Bird Rates! bit.ly/GlobalAuthorsSummit
Get this FREE eBook!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
- Tired of Always Borrowing Money? 31,652 views | 2 comments | posted on February 12, 2013
- What the 3 Idiots Taught Me 31,186 views | 38 comments | posted on October 4, 2011
- Why Failing is Good 24,653 views | 5 comments | posted on October 30, 2011
- Do You Want to Become an Author? 19,746 views | 2 comments | posted on March 24, 2012
- Free eBook 17,595 views | 107 comments | posted on August 18, 2012