I wrote a book. In 3 days, it became a bestseller!
10,000 copies sold in 3 days! 40,000 copies sold in one month!
But the book is not mine. A big company asked me to write the book. I was their Consultant/Writer. 🙂
Just a bit of a background. About 2-3 years ago, I attended a huge convention hosted by the “big company.” There were over 5,000 people in that convention hall. I arrived late and the first person I saw and who saw me come in was Bro. Bo Sanchez.
Bro. Bo smiled at me. I walked up to him to say “Hi.” Then he introduced me to the President of that company. Later that night, I attended their gala event and I was so inspired by the rags to riches stories of the people who shared on stage. I told myself, “Their stories ought to be heard by thousands and even millions of people!” Some of them used to be janitors, some of them used to be waiters, some of them didn’t finish school, some of them were once buried in debts, and now they are happy multi-millionaires. Solution? Financial education.
I told the President, “Sir, I believe their stories ought to be written. I can help you write your book.” The book didn’t materialise then.
Fast forward to today, the book is written. A different book but the message is the same. In 3 days, they sold 10,000 copies. In one month, they sold 40,000 copies!
As their Consultant/Writer, I wrote the book and I formed a team to do the editing, proofreading, layout, name studies, printing, and so on. But what made me so happy personally was that, all the ideas in the book were theirs! I just curated the book for them and asked them the right questions so I could draw the right information for the book. Today, the book is in the hands of 40,000 people all over the Philippines and all over the world! Their plan is to sell 100,000 copies by December 2017.
Ma’am Lourdes, I am sharing this with you because of two things:1. Our dream has a gestation period. It was 2-3 years ago when I pitched the idea of writing a book for the company. That idea didn’t materialise then but something better materialised. My effort 2-3 years ago was not wasted. The President said that when the idea of writing a book came to their mind, the first person they thought of was me. So don’t give up on your dreams. God will unfold a better one in His perfect time.
2. A book could do so many wonders — give value to people and act as your marketing/salesperson. That book has helped the company grow their sales.
If you have dreams of writing a book, don’t bury it. Keep it alive. This is one of my missions : to help you write your book and share your story to the world.
I wish you success and happiness!
Founder, The 90-Day Book Writing Challenge
P.S. If you’ve been wanting to write a book but you don’t know where to start, here’s a FREE eBook to give you an idea what a book can do for you. Download it for free here.
Latest posts by Sha Nacino, Inspirational Speaker and Prolific Author (see all)
- Spark your entrepreneurial dreams at Spark Fest 2018 - February 22, 2018
- It only takes 5 minutes daily to be TRULY HAPPY - February 21, 2018
- Unleash Your Power Within - February 6, 2018
- Tired of Always Borrowing Money? 31,576 views | 2 comments | posted on February 12, 2013
- What the 3 Idiots Taught Me 26,004 views | 38 comments | posted on October 4, 2011
- Why Failing is Good 24,554 views | 5 comments | posted on October 30, 2011
- Do You Want to Become an Author? 19,117 views | 2 comments | posted on March 24, 2012
- Free eBook 16,716 views | 107 comments | posted on August 18, 2012