It was March 2016. Day 2 of Bro. Bo Sanchez’s Wealth Summit. Towards the end of Day 2, Bro. Bo Sanchez called a Wealth Summit participant on stage. What happened next was totally unexpected.
Just a bit of a background. Wealth Summit is the largest financial event of Bo Sanchez. He invited top calibre speakers like Dean Pax Lapid, Edward Lee, Dr. Larry Gamboa, Edric Mendoza, Christine Bersola-Babao, and many more!
They were all great speakers! The audience was inspired. But the speakers didn’t get from the audience what this Wealth Summit participant got. Clue: SO. I’ll explain that in a bit.
The participant’s name was Arnold Vargas. He had two major dreams: to become a janitor and for his family to be together.
Arnold grew up very poor, he didn’t finish school. His job experiences included selling peanuts in the streets, being a bus vendor, a gardener, and eventually a janitor.
His big break came when he was invited by a friend to apply as an area sales manager. He filled out the biodata right there and then. Too bad, he wasn’t accepted. But Arnold didn’t give up.
He texted the person who interviewed him everyday — for 14 straight days! He said, “Please give me a chance. You don’t have to pay me salary. Pangkain lang okay na.” That was how poor he was.
The person who interviewed him finally gave in. Arnold was tasked to sell textbooks to schools. He loved his job and did his best. From Sep to Dec that year, he made a total sales of Php500k.
His sales for one year reached as high as Php15M!
While Arnold was sharing his story, tears started rolling down the cheeks of the attendees.
For the first time in the history of Wealth Summit, everyone gave Arnold a Standing Ovation. After his talk, people lined up to have a picture with him and to get his autograph.
Today, Arnold Vargas is running his own publishing firm with 25 agents. His family happily lives in the beautiful house he built in Cavite. He has a farm in Vigan. Just recently, he married his long-time girlfriend Jap.
- His childhood
- His previous job experience selling in the streets
- His two greatest dreams
- How he landed as a janitor and how he loved his job
- How he was kicked out as a janitor and why it was one of the best things that happened to him
- How he started as a salesman
- How he was able to generate millions of pesos in book sales
- How he’s able to put up his own publishing firm
- and Many more!
I wish you success and happiness!
Seminar Philippines Recommends:
Latest posts by Sha Nacino, Inspirational Speaker and Prolific Author (see all)
- M.oney&Me and Mission Happiness books are on SALE! Save up to 50% OFF! - July 11, 2017
- After Years of Traveling, I Discovered These - June 6, 2017
- New Radio Show Plus two Realizations - May 18, 2017
- Tired of Always Borrowing Money? 31,511 views | 2 comments | posted on February 12, 2013
- Why Failing is Good 24,483 views | 5 comments | posted on October 30, 2011
- What the 3 Idiots Taught Me 22,143 views | 37 comments | posted on October 4, 2011
- Do You Want to Become an Author? 18,772 views | 2 comments | posted on March 24, 2012
- Learn. Laugh. Love. 16,239 views | 0 comments | posted on October 24, 2011